Building on Philips 50 years of experience in resuscitation, the HeartStart XL+ takes the crash cart defibrillator/monitor to the next level. Designed for Resuscitation and Rapid Response Teams, the HeartStart XL+ contains meaningful innovations that can help you confidently and effectively respond to patients throughout the hospital.
The HeartStart XL+ is ready to meet the needs of your hospital. Because it is built on a scalable platform, you can choose the functions that best meet the needs of your staff today - from BLS responders to ALS clinicians - and in the future as your needs change.
Ready to Respond
In an emergency, the HeartStart XL+ is ready to respond so you can react quickly and confidently.
- Easy-to-use interface - Refined and improved based on years of customer experience with the HeartStart XL and HeartStart MRx. It’s designed to be clear and uncluttered, helping you respond quickly and confidently.
- Easy to carry and access accessories - Monitoring & therapy cables can be stored directly on the device and are easy to grab using the optional open storage solution. Straps secure patient cables directly to the device for easy transport, and exposed cable ports instill user confidence that XL+ is ready to connect to the patient.
- Active ready–for-use indicator – Philips defibrillators use an active indicator to show you they are ready to use.
- Green front panel lights indicate AC and battery power - No need for staff to check that the AC power cord is connected or if the battery is charged and ready for use.
- Fast battery recharge time while the batteries are in the defibrillator keeps the HeartStart XL+ available for use.
- HeartStart Adult/Child or Infant defibrillation pads are designed for manual or AED mode, pacing, cardioversion, and monitoring. No need for specialty pads for infant/child AED mode.
Ready to Revive
The HeartStart XL+ is designed to be ready to help save the life of any patient. And the option of easily switching between AED mode and manual mode makes it possible for all levels of trained responders to use the HeartStart XL+.
- In AED mode, the HeartStart XL+ defibrillator/monitor that can defibrillate any patient, of any age without the need for special accessories, which can help save valuable time when responding to an emergency.
- Quick Shock in AED mode and a fast charge time to the standard adult dose in manual mode (3 seconds) help minimize CPR interruptions and speed shock delivery.
- Patient monitoring measurements, including 3- and 5-lead ECG, heart rate, SpO2, and Non-Invasive Blood Pressure, provide continuity of care from the cardiac emergency to patient monitoring at the bedside in a single device. Measurements can be trended over time, as well as displayed and printed.
- Easy-to-use noninvasive pacing controls design makes it easy to train and deliver pacing therapy.
Ready to Improve
The HeartStart XL+ and Philips data management solutions are designed to help support a culture of continuous improvement and excellence within and among hospitals.
Event Review Summaries can be easily accessed via the large multi-color display for easy printing or exporting. The results of all daily, weekly, and monthly self-tests are stored in the HeartStart XL+ internal memory for up to a year. Event Summaries can be copied to a standard USB drive for easy transfer to HeartStart Event Review Pro, Philips data management program.
Standardize with Philips
Ease-of-use is the hallmark of the Philips family of defibrillators, including the HeartStart XL+, the HeartStart MRx, and HeartStart AEDs. Standardizing with Philips can make training more efficient and give users confidence.
- All Philips defibrillators have similar user interfaces and AED prompts.
- The HeartStart XL+ and the HeartStart MRx use the same ready-for-use indicator.
- The HeartStart XL+ uses the same ECG algorithm and alarms as those in Philips bedside patient monitors.
- The HeartStart XL+ in AED mode uses the same SMART Analysis algorithm as Philips industry-leading AEDs.
Standardizing with Philips can also help streamline patient hand-off by eliminating re-cabling, simplify inventory management, and reduce inventory costs.
- The HeartStart XL+ has the same ports as Philips patient monitors, so no time is wasted re-cabling the patient.
- The HeartStart XL+ supplies and accessories are compatible with earlier generation Philips monitor/defibrillators.
- The HeartStart XL+ patient monitoring cables and sensors are the same ones used with Philips patient monitors.